it's a SAD DAY


    I'm actually quite pissed off to have to taint my blog with something like this,
    but I feel like I should make people aware of what's happened.
    A friend of mine called me a few days ago to tell me that Valley Girl
    had one of my drawings on their tee.
    Only problem is...no one actually ASKED me first,
    and what's worse is they made it look like crap!
    Whoever sold them this design has literally taken my work,
    slapped something over the top and tried
    to pass it off as their own.

    What is most disappointing is that this particular image has
    never been published, meaning it has never been available to anyone
    in high resolution, so my instincts tell me that someone has actually
    bought the print of this piece off me, and then gone on to scan and rip it off.

    At any rate, Valley Girl have been made aware of the situation,
    and the tee has been pulled from the website and
    hopefully soon from the racks of all stores!
    My main concern is that those in Australia know NOT
    to buy this tee, as I did not sell them the design,
    and if I did it would NEVER be sold in the state that its in.
    Not to mention that it's a portrait of Sasha Pivovorova
    which I would obviously not sell to a clothing company!

    What's worse is that designs, such as this, are bought from
    'third party manufacturers' (most likely overseas)
    so it can be almost impossible to track down the culprit.
    It's extremely depressing to know that not alot can
    be done about problems such as this.
    So I urge all of you who are artists or designers yourself
    to keep a careful eye over your work and where you send it.
    I also hope it makes you think twice about shopping at cheap chain
    stores such as this - you never know where these prints come from!

Post Title

it's a SAD DAY


Post URL

https://figurinonobau.blogspot.com/2009/08/it-sad-day.html


Visit Figur-Inonobau for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive