vogue meets DAVID DOWNTON

    Add Image
    Vogue Australia September 2009 Cate Blanchett by David Downton


    I'm practically hyperventilating with excitement right now.

    When I heard the news that Vogue Australia's September issue
    (which co-incidently is also their 50th anniversary issue)
    featured the work of AMAZING fashion illustrator,
    David Downton, on not one but FOUR covers -
    I got pretty excited.

    When I actually SAW them this morning I nearly died.
    They are so utterly, completely gorgeous;
    featuring the stunning stunning stunning
    Cate Blanchett.
    I can't wait to see which copy the postman drops in
    my letterbox, but regardless i'll be seeking
    all 4 of the covers like gold.

    As an illustrator myself, the fact that the powers that be at
    Vogue Australia have been bold enough to use pure illustration
    for such an important cover is inspirational beyond words.
    I'm a little bit in love with them right now.
    If I had a hat on - I'd doff it.
    August 5th will be a very special day in the
    fashion illustration world.

    X

Post Title

vogue meets DAVID DOWNTON


Post URL

http://figurinonobau.blogspot.com/2009/07/vogue-meets-david-downton.html


Visit Figur-Inonobau for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive