My Weekend at the Cottage

    Prepare yourselves for an ungodly amount of photos...this is how I spent my weekend up north*:

    up north
    The view Friday morning...stormy.
    Bow teeny
    up north
    How we spent most of Friday and Saturday, by the fireplace drinking hot apple cider spiked with rum.
    Bow teeny
    up north
    We had cabin fever on Saturday, so we went out for a late lunch at Pearl's Cajun restaurant.
    Bow teeny
    up north
    There are bottles of hot sauce on every wall. This was my favorite.
    Bow teeny
    up north
    The best cherry margarita.
    Bow teeny
    up north
    My meal, the plantation platter: fried green tomato, red bean cake and cheddar mashed potatoes.
    Bow teeny
    up north
    Cole's jambalaya and stout.
    Bow teeny
    up north
    Cole feeling a bit iffy after enjoying too many libations on Friday.
    Bow teeny
    dessert
    Our dessert, beignets sundae with hot chocolate and caramel rum sauces.
    Bow teeny
    Many views of the woods around the cottage:

    up north
    Bow teeny
    up north
    Bow teeny
    up north
    Bow teeny
    up north
    Bow teeny
    up north
    My boys: Wellie (pug), Cole (husband) and Pip (chihuahua).
    Bow teeny
    up north
    Bow teeny
    up north
    My parent's cottage road.
    Bow teeny
    up north
    Bow teeny
    up north
    Photo Credits: Me
    Sunday morning, the view from my bedroom window...sunny.
    Bow teeny
    *As you noticed I used the term "up north" in this post and probably will in many posts to come. To anyone who lives (or grew up) in Michigan this term refers to Northern Michigan, but not the Upper Peninsula, which is simply known as "the U.P." I grew up in Southeast Michigan, went to college in Mid Michigan (MSU) and now, after five years of living in Boston, again live in Southeast Michigan.
    Lower_Michigan_Region_Map
    Photo Credit: Here


    Maria Sig

    bloglovin' bow small

Post Title

My Weekend at the Cottage


Post URL

http://figurinonobau.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-weekend-at-cottage.html


Visit Figur-Inonobau for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive