new WORK


    I recently completed some new personal works which will be available
    exlusively at Signed + Numbered gallery in Melbourne from next week.

    I really love working on these little series'.
    I used to draw alot of animals and wild little things with my ladies
    but since I started working commercially it's been mainly portraits
    and fashion pieces.
    So it's so fun to take some time out to draw the stranger little ideas
    that pop into my head sometimes! :)

    I also thought I would take the opportunity to post some more
    'progress' shots as another thing I get asked about alot is how much of my work
    is digital and how much is hand drawn.
    As you can see here, it is pretty much all hand drawn or painted, but each element
    is scanned into the computer and, if i'm creating background or patterns,
    I then play around with things digitally.
    (Pencil is always hand-drawn.)

    This:
    Becomes this:
    Which becomes this:
    I find that there's a little more freedom to experiment this way.
    If you don't like something you can delete it and you haven't ruined
    your original drawing!

    Hopefully these pics give a little bit more of an insight into how I work,
    without giving away too many of my secrets ;)

    The Swan Queen and Jungle Queen are available
    in both A4 and A3 sizes, in editions of 15, exclusively at
    Signed + Numbered
    Shop 4/155 Greville St,
    Prahran, Melbourne.
    - or online at -

    x

Post Title

new WORK


Post URL

http://figurinonobau.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-work.html


Visit Figur-Inonobau for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive